Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, improves the appearance of the eyelids.
Surgery can be performed on either the upper and lower lids, or both.
Whether you want to improve your appearance or have functional problems with your eyelids, a blepharoplasty can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes. In many cases, health insurers cover the cost of surgery if excess skin is interfering with the visual field.
Specifically, eyelid surgery can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
- We recommend an ophthalmic evaluation before surgery and will discuss this during your consultation